Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Going nuts!!!!
Feb 9, 2005

Should I write this in Spanish or French for someone to answer it??? Man, the things we have to do to get some expert advice!!!!

Here's the deal, every single time I read a posting on this and other forums, I go "whooeee, there's a chance I'm just going on a guilt trip", and then I start thinking about other possible ways I could've been infected and I go worrying again!!!

So, please, answer this my fourth attempt:

I was in Panama last month and got lapdanced like crazy (three different girls). I wish to know about my odds of having HIV due to these lapdances. The situations were: A. My face all over their breasts. B. I slapped their behinds. C. I helped one of them remove her thong....no contact with the vulva, etc. D. Lots of touching....but no sex or intercourse. Yes, lots of hip motion whenever they sat on my laps, but my pants were always on (so were my undies).

I'm growing mad over the "what if's". What if she had blood or semen traces on her breasts, and other parts of her body??? I'm also concerned of the fact that I took a pee a couple of minutes after it was all over!! Did I set myself at risk??

I also read about the cases of medical workers getting infected by contact of blood to their eyes (CDC document).....what if I rubbed my eyes???????

I'm going nuts, and I can tell you one thing's for sure: Positive or Negative, I'm NEVER again heading for a strip bar, even if it costs me my job!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a list of what is and what isn't risk-free??????

HELP!!!!!

A Worried Husband, again.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Husband,

If you would just check the archives, you would have found answers to all your questions and "what ifs." So I'll just be brief:

A. No HIV risk

B. No HIV risk

C. No HIV risk

D. No HIV risk

As for all your "what ifs," the answer is still "No HIV risk." OK?

Now, I'm curious why it would cost you your job if you never went to a strip club again. Are you a bouncer? Bar tender? Exotic dancer?

Stop worrying needlessly. Go learn French or something. (I was talking about the language, you horndog!)

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
*Took you advise....But
Next
HIV Infection?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.