I got some more Ramen, but it came with HIV Demons!

DR. Bob,

I decided to explore the various flavors of Top Ramen to find that they all taste, well like shit (or what I imagine shit tastes like!). On top of that, I have fufilled my promise of HIV awarness on campus by creating an HIV fact board at the campus recreation center and student health center which will stay there indefinatly.

I am quite proud of it and I am hoping to have a hotline set up soon to answer questions from students at my University. The challenge was to provided factual information to the student body. It is hard when the current president (who quite possibly is the missing link between man and ape, look at him for cryin out loud!,) states that latex condoms do NOT provide protection against HIV, which of corse, they do. (That will probably be the only time you hear a Right wing guy say that about the prez. but, he is an idiot.)

Anyway, I have done all this all the while still fearing HIV. I have been in therapy since December to discuss my guilt and work on the irrational fears and have negative Oraquick tests at 55, 110, 146, 164 and 181 days past some unprotected afternoon delight with a woman. But I still get the fear gremlins attacking me.

I feel that my knowledge of HIV can help the students at my school thus I dont want to quit being active in the fight to spread the truth, but i also want a normal, worry free life. My logical mind tells me that I do not have HIV but the rest of me is still ducking for cover.

It did make me feel better to know that only two people in the history of HIV testing in the US took longer than six months and that was almost 10 years ago. So enlightend one, what can I do to see the sunshine again and still help the uninformed? And since I dont want to be the oddball and not ask a redundant question- is there any way I could be infected and still not know? Thanks Dr. Bob, much love to ya and if you ever come my way, Ill buy ya a cup o' joe!!

Top Ramen Guy

Hi Top Ramen Guy,

Is there any way you could be infected and still not know it? Nope. You are definitively HIV negative, just as your "logical mind" keeps telling you.

Fear gremlins can usually be conquered by a logical mind and scientific fact; however, if yours continue to survive and thrive, consider getting some counseling.

Keep up the good work related to HIV/AIDS awareness and education. These efforts also tend to drive fear gremlins to spontaneously combust!

Good luck! Stay well! Dump the Top Ramen and try some trail mix and yogurt!

Occupational Exposure (NOT IN THE ARCHIVES) pleas help!!!!!
Lap Dancing & MM - Don't Worry, Be Happy!