Toenail fungus to lengthen window period?

Hi Dr. Bob - Thank you for all the great info and positive attitude. You are a blessing. I tested negative through a Home Access ELISA at 7 weeks and again at 15 weeks after a single possible exposure (unknown status, no ejaculation, vaginal receptive, partial insertion of penis, pre-cum possible). I have been battling toenail fungus on and off for a few years. My doctor gave me some laquer stuff that was working pretty well, but it didn't for this last round - of course, I just noticed that it is expired, so that explains it. Anyway, would this nail infection (no oral meds, keep in mind) weaken my immune system significantly enough to invalidate my 15 week negative test? My 6-month mark is coming up, but I'd like to know whether I can trust my previous tests or not. Thanks again! M in NY

Hello M in NY,

You're worried about toenail fungus screwing up your HIV test results? Look, M, nasty nails might screw up the way your tootsies look in glass slippers, but they are not going to screw up HIV test results, OK?

By the way, your dandruff, halitosis and a wart on the end of your nose with the long black hair growing out of it aren't going to affect your test results either, OK?

Can I please Woo-Hoo....2nd attempt
Tested negative 2 times but have repeated illnesses