Can I please Woo-Hoo....2nd attempt

Hi Dr. Bob,

Sorry but this is the 2nd time I am trying to reach you. I recently engaged in oral sex (both giving and recieving) with a female I meet at my college reunion. I tested at 3 weeks and then again at 8 weeks. Both negative by the way of the FDA approved home access ELISA kit. Can I woo-hoo or do I need to take a 13 week test to be conclusive. Thanks so much for your help and please let me know how to make an anoyomous donation. Thank you and best of health. married guy

Hi Married Guy,

I've answered questions similar to yours many times in the past. Consequently, the advice you are waiting for was actually already waiting for you in the archives. Have a look!

Just to briefly reiterate: oral sex carries a low risk of HIV transmission. HIV ELISA tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive. Consequently, your three- and eight-week tests are encouraging, but not conclusive.

Gifts to the Foundation can indeed be anonymous. Just include a brief note with your donation that you want the gift to be anonymous. We'll be happy to honor your request and will forgo our usual thank-you letter, etc.

Good luck. Stay well, Married Guy!

Irrational Fear Beyond Reason
Toenail fungus to lengthen window period?