swimming

Dear Sir,

I recently found out that I am HIV positive. Swimming is my favorite sport. I would like to know if I can still go swimming. Will I transmit HIV to others in the swimming pool?

B.Rdgs. swimming

Hello B. Rdgs.

Sorry to hear about the recent HIV diagnosis. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the information on this site and related links, as it appears you have much to learn about being HIV positive!

Regarding swimming, yes, of course, you can still go swimming. Will you transmit HIV to others in the pool? No, not unless you plan to have unprotected sex with them while doing your laps. Oh, and by the way, the "breast stroke" is perfectly safe in or out of the water, OK?

Stay well.

Won't you please, please help me?
Double Test?