Feb 4, 2005
I recently found out that I am HIV positive. Swimming is my favorite sport. I would like to know if I can still go swimming. Will I transmit HIV to others in the swimming pool?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello B. Rdgs.
Sorry to hear about the recent HIV diagnosis. I suggest you spend some time reviewing the information on this site and related links, as it appears you have much to learn about being HIV positive!
Regarding swimming, yes, of course, you can still go swimming. Will you transmit HIV to others in the pool? No, not unless you plan to have unprotected sex with them while doing your laps. Oh, and by the way, the "breast stroke" is perfectly safe in or out of the water, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.