I've got your Hint.

Hi again dr bob, I recently wrote to u "I'm Goin Crazy" and u replied instantly.

Unfortunately, yr reply has totally freaked me out especially the words " But if you are worried, go ahead and get retested".

That indicates you are hinting me something is wrong afterall . But u dun wanna convey the bad news to me in a harsh manner, i appreciate it.

Actually i did had a test again at 4.5 months post exposure and it was negative too.

But now that's inconsequential since u know that i have floaters now one year after that exposure and as an expert you advised me to get retested. I know you don't ask anyone to get retested but since you have told me to do so i guess i'm not lucky afterall.

It's so hard to accept my unlucky plight now eventhough i had a 3, 4 month negative antibody test.

I now realise the world of hiv testing is still so unpredictable like the disease. I just wish nobody has to go thru the nightmare like i have did.

I knew it the day i got the floaters that something was so wrong with me. It was reaffirmed when the eye doctor said it could be due to cmv and pvd...you just don't get cmv retinitis or pvd when you are 26.

I still intend to make a huge donation. Hoping the experts today can come with a more precise and conclusive test. Not like the one i had.

The problem now is should i live with the false negative results which give me some peace or take the dreaded retest now at 1 year which would spell out doom and misery. It's not easy to get retested bob when u had a woo-hoo at 3 and 4 months and then now a boo-hoo.

Hint???? What hint??????

Exactly which part of "Personally, from the information in your post, I don't think (testing) is necessary" didn't you understand?

I told you go ahead and retest because you told me you were "goin' crazy." I concur.

So once again, get tested if you want to calm your mind. I do not feel you need retesting. Is that clear enough?

I do strongly feel your "doom and misery" are completely self-induced. Your irrational fears and anxiety are "double OC" (that's short for "Out Of Control"). I strongly advise you seek counseling. This is not a "hint". OK? I'll reprint your original post below. Please reread it carefully.

Posted: Jan 31, 2005: I'm goin crazy !

Doctor Bob,

I tried visiting u at yr clinic last week but u were not around at that time. I need you to re-evaluate my condition. I had an high risk exposure over a year ago. I took yr advice and got tested after 3 months and the antibody test was negative. However now, exactly over a year after my exposure, I developed serious floaters suddently in one eye which prompted me to immediately see an eye specialist. The doctor could not find anything wrong except for the fact that he told me the floaters could be caused by PVD or CMV. This has freaked me out and that's why i came to see u last week. I hope u can at least tell me if the floaters are caused by HIV. This whole turn of events is freaking me out. Do i need to get re-tested ? I have heard floaters are the most common symptoms of hiv, is it true ?

Response from Dr.Bob:

No, floaters are not the most common symptom of HIV.

In general, I would consider a three-month negative ELISA test conclusive. But if you are worried, go ahead and get retested. Personally, from the information in your post, I don't think it's necessary.

Good luck! I really do think it's time for you to put these worries to rest once and for all.

Thank you
Won't you please, please help me?