Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am wooohhhoooing, but...

Feb 4, 2005

hello Bob ! I got my results ! Remember ? Unprotected, vaginal insertive with a random girl in the population, maybe a sister of some worried well hehe. From Canada ?

NEGATIVE ! for HIV, and other STD's !

I am wwwooooo-hoooing, but not has much as I would thought I would.

Why ? Because some did not have the same chance as me. I did donate for your foundation, got your letter, your signature was on it, meaning you're still alive and well !

But, I still live with irrational fear... I mean, I did see the results on the paper, the doc gave me a paper confirming the results, but, I did not see my name on the paper... As if maybe it was not my result in my file... That's irrational isn't it ? If it does not go away in a few days, I will seek professional help from a therapist.

For all the worried wells, testing is the ONLY thing that can determine if you are + or -.

Lymph nodes ? Do you really know where they are and if they are really swollen ? Just because you searched google images and it seems to be this, it's probably not.

Fever ? Everybody has fever now and then.

Sore throat ? Same thing ! Maybe those cigarettes you smoke !

Loose stools ? Maybe that burger or that spicy mexcican taco sauce.

Neuropathy ? ok yeah right, you don't even know what this is... Dr.Bob is a doc, not you...

Candida on tongue ? Did you lick a pussy full of yeast ? or a dick full of balanitis ? Or was it dentine ice gum ?

In 3 mouths, you have enough time to have EVERY symptoms that exists! So, even do I consider being a worried well "normal", it's stressing.

I know people will still search for symptoms, and it's ok, just don't over react. Educate yourself also by reading the archieves. For example, I'm not writting a big thank you Bob letter, because, I found the same one in the archieves!

EVERY answer to your questions are in the archieves, trust me! Bob answers us because he loves us, not because my case, or your case is special. He knows how we feel, and, with his best sense of humour, helps us go on and get testing. Trust him, not yourself. I learned a lot, and a lot of predugices (?) came down.

I would like some comment form you Bob: You see, the past mouth, we heard about tsunami and we saw how the world responded. Billions and billions of dollars were given regarding this event. For 200 000 deaths, and to help a lot more...

40 million people are living with HIV... that's way more than the death toll and the need of the tsunami. I'm not saying it's not good or whatever the contribution for tsunami, cuz it is. I'm just saying, don't you think, if the world population would say "We are FUCKING tired of hiv. We want it out of planet for ever", and people give money and raise billions of dollars in so little time, that within 5 years, we have a cure... That's what's not fair... What do you think ?

I will still come to this forum, just to read you, cuz I really love you... Another fan lol. I will write to Opera to get you on her show. Everybody should write to her, and say we want you live on TV, with your sense of humour, and teach others about HIV and the desperate need of a cure. So everybody that reads this post if it gets posted, add "we want bob on operah" and write to operah to support this!

I'll let you go now, but I know one thing in all of this... I'd had enough of romantic love, and I'd give it up yeah, i'd give it up for a miracle drug...

From "Should not be worried but still am"...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "Should Not Be Worried But Still Am,"

Do I remember you? The guy who had "unprotected vaginal insertive with a random girl in the population????" Oh sure, of course I remember! With a bizarre story like that, how could I not????

Do I think your ongoing fears not seeing your name on the lab result sheet, etc. are irrational? Ya, you betcha! I certainly do. Do I think a therapist would help? Ya you betcha! I certainly do.

Thanks for your kind comments and words of advice. (However after your comment about "pussy full of yeast or dick full of balanitis or dentine ice gum," I had to spit my gum out immediately.)

Your tsunami analogy is a good one. Yes, the news media correctly reported the death of over 200,000 was an epic tragedy of Biblical proportion. Of note is that HIV snuffed out 5,000,000 lives last year alone! However, the news media and most philanthropists are completely apathetic to the nearly unimaginable horror of the ongoing AIDS pandemic.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
RE: Local Palo Alto dude question about results
Next
AS PROMISED I DONATED BUT NEED YOUR HELP DR. BOB, SERIOUSLY

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.