worried about nothing?

Hey Dr Bob... have wrote to you before, im the dude from down under (sydney)... just came back from a european vacation... 2 quick questions.. 1. fench kissed, deep tounge kissed alot of girls on my contikki trip... was drunk most of the time (infact all of the time)... have read all your answers to hiv transmission but just say one of the girls had blood in there mouth, could i have swolled the blood and get infected.

2. My second question, last year i had an std blood test which included the test for hiv, i had it after 82 days but the doctor said that it would be tested for another 2 days due to a wait at the testing centre. Now does this mean that my blood was tested at 84 days which is recommended or at 82 days which might mean i could be infected and not know... my doctor tells me to stop worrying and that im fine and to enjoy life, but i really want your oppinion as i have alot of respect for your website and the answers you give, i also feel that if i ask another doctor they will laugh at me like my normal one did....

please answer me as im desperate... im am already in the process of donating like the many others..

Thanks heaps and keep up the awesome work you are doing for society.

G'day Mate,

1. The chances of your swallowing HIV-infected blood from your Contikki trip French kiss experience are nearly nonexistent. I, too, suggest you stop worrying. These fears are irrational.

2. The number of days refers to when you had your blood drawn. However, the immune system really can't tell the difference between 82 and 84 days, so relax, Mate. Your test will be definitive.

Thanks for your donation. Now go pet a Koala or eat some vegemite or something.

Good luck on your test.

What is it with UPS ? ...Brown is beautiful.
321 - Blast off