Local Palo Alto dude question about results. - Donation

Hello sir,

I admire you and your column. I have been worried about possible HIV exposure and got some test done. I was so anxious to get the results that I had them fax me a copy before the doctor can explain what exactly they mean!

From the report: HIV antibody: Nonreactive by EIA, antibody not detected! Does that mean I am negative? The rest of the STD results suchs as Hepatitis and syphillis are still pending, is there any chance that the result of those will affect the HIV result ? What is EIA ? Same as Elisa ?

I appreciate your response!

What's the address for donations ?

D - Palo Alto

Hi Palo Alto Guy,

Yes, a "nonreactive EIA" means you are HIV negative, assuming you had the test done after the window period. Yes, an EIA is an HIV antibody test like ELISA. No, other STDs would not affect HIV test results.

Donation information can be found on the Foundation's Web site www.concertedeffort.org. The Foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

You're welcome! By the way, you don't have to call me "sir," unless you want me to spank you or something.

Stay well.

If you could please answer..
Can you send a litte Karma my way WooHoo King?