|HIV through Fish Tank or Aquarium
Jan 30, 2005
Dear Sir, I fell sick two days after cleaning my fish tank with about 12 fishes. I had headache and fever about 102. It did not go for two weeks with regular antibiotic. I have given the blood for lab test to find the cause of infection. Is it possible for HIV to spread through fishes/aquarium?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Well, I need a bit more information here, Nemo.
1. Did you have unsafe sex with any of the fish?
2. Did you share intravenous drug paraphernalia with any of them?
3. Were any of the fish "Blowfish," and did they blow you?
Dude, you cleaned a fish tank. Why pick on HIV as a potential cause? Oh, and before you write to the Ebola Hotline, SARS infoline, Leprosy Link or Mad Cow Factfinder Web sites, it's not any of those either, OK?
Now go watch Finding Nemo and act like Dory by forgetting all about this ridiculous notion, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Finger In Mouth After Anal Hiv Risk
- PAINFUL LYMPH NODES MONTHS AFTER EXPOSURE
- Percentages Of Catching Hep A B And C During Sex
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
- Can I Get Gonorrhea And Hiv At The Same Time?
- Can You Catch A Std Or Hiv From A Shaving Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.