hiv testing and medicines
Mar 24, 2001
If I have been taking several different antibiotics such as Doxycycline, Erythromycin, and Bactrim at different times over the last few months and I take a home hiv test from home access, will the antibiotics or any medicines effect the results of the hiv test?
Response from Mr. Kull
Antibiotics should not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do About Feeling Fatigued And Dizzy With Hep C?
- Chills Without Fever As A Sign Of Hiv
- If I Don't Hear Back From My Doctor About My Hiv Test Results Is It Negative?
- What Does Equivocal Mean On An Hiv Test?
- Chances Of Contacting Hiv From A Insulin Needlestick
- How Families Deal With A Family Member With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.