hiv testing and medicines
Mar 24, 2001
If I have been taking several different antibiotics such as Doxycycline, Erythromycin, and Bactrim at different times over the last few months and I take a home hiv test from home access, will the antibiotics or any medicines effect the results of the hiv test?
Response from Mr. Kull
Antibiotics should not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.