Has there ever been a reported case of HIV transmition by sweat or saliva?

Hi Dr. Bob, I have recently been informed that a collegue of mine is HIV+.

I was sitting right next to him in a meeting the other day, and he sneezed - do I have anything to be worried about? Can sweat or saliva carry the HIV virus?

Do you have anything to worry about from sitting right next to an HIV-positive colleague who sneezed on you??? Absofrickinlutely! You could:

1. catch his "cold" or

2. have unsightly gobs of snot splattered all over your new cotton-poly-mix Hawaiian-themed leisure suit.

As far as HIV is concerned, no worries, mate! As we've been saying for over two decades now, HIV is not transmitted via sweat, saliva or sneezing. Perhaps that message escaped you or perhaps you are a recent arrival from the planet Krypton.

Either way, tell your buddy "Gazoontight" and stop worrying.

Carly
TO ALL - Please do NOT self diagnose!!!!