Please answer I'm going nuts from N J

hi there doctor bob!!!! i'm scare because here in nj nobody cares... its the fifth time that i'm trying to get in touch with you doctor.... Your opinion will be appreciated... there's my question and the my situation. On april 1st. 2004 i got assaulted and stuck with a hypodermical needle several times. Since then i've gotten tested on 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 months all negative, however at the 3 months mark i did tb test which came positive and now i'm taking meds INH 300mg and vit. b6 50mg my physician told me to do the hiv test once more at 12 months mark and i'm scare to death because i heard that some people seroconvert at 1 year mark. Also the other day i did a CBC and my WB cells were at 4.8 and red blood cells were low too. i have these weird symptons for at least 9 months sore throat, taste buds swollen for 8 months a rash on my chest and these white spots on my arms, abdomen, and lower back that doesn't go away red blemishes all over my face and some times i have these pain on my arm-pits that comes and goes and i asked my doctor about hiv PCR and she told me that it was not necessary. So my question is how many people do you know that seroconverted at 12 months mark and in my case is a PCR necessary...

thank you for your time and keep up the good work...

Eight negative tests out to nine months are, in my opinion, definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative. I see no reason for any additional testing, including PCR testing. Past TB exposure, which is what a positive PPD (TB) skin test indicates, does not affect HIV test results. Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV.

How many people do I know personally that seroconverted at 12 months after testing negative at 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 months? Absolutely none!

Stop worrying. HIV is not your problem!

ejaculated fluid in the nose/mixed status
Question from your Piasan in Boston!