Can I?

Can I woohoo? today the doctor phoned back with my 13th week results of another vidas duo. NEGATIVE!! So my lymphocytes were low, my protein and ESR elevated but after 3 HIV tests I still test negative to three months? I have never used drugs in my life (apart from the old splif back in my uni days). Do you think I need to continue testing in case my immune system is compromised by something or other I dont know. I havent done a DNA PCR test yet. Shall I do that? (by the way HIV tests can be rather expensive in Harley street, london, I think Ive spend the best part of 600 so far)

anyways I will keep my word and donate another $500 to the organisation of yours. You do have my email address, feel free to send me a quick email if you like with your actual home address (not trying to stalk you or anything) a bottle of dom perignon 1996, my favourite, will be on its way.

I hope Im in the clear here and not jumping the gun, I really want to thank you for all your support during my really dark days. the mind is a freaking powerfull thing and it can play games on you. Combine that with a bit of extra education (see Im a doctor like you PHD hahaha but not in medicine/medical) and you become a self proclaimed doctor..ready to diagnose any kind of disease. I look back on my posts on this site and I cant stop laughing. half the stuff I written is inaccurate (my lymphcyte level were not a % but an absolute number) not because I meant it this way but because i was in such a state of mind when I wrote them I could hardly see straight. I think eventually I will put the whole thing behind me but I really dont want to. Not in the sense that I will keep on testing or obsessing about having contracted the virus but in the sense that I will actively do something about it. You wont believe how close scientists are to solving the problem once and for all. I know you probably thinking by now what can a 26 year old banker know more than a doctor with experience like yourself. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. One thing that has kept me from commiting suicide (apart from your kind and supportive words) is some results of a trial I managed to obtain due to me senior position in the organisation I work. believe me, the once in a lifetime treatment (gene therapy) is here, FDA approved, tested on clinical I trials with excellent results and about to go to trial phase II. im sure I can obtain permission to forward you some documentation if you would be interested. It is not a cure but it indefinetely postpones AIDS. and even for AIDS patients it can do miracles for their VL. Unfortunately I cant post it here since some of the data is covered by confidentiality agreements.

Anyways I dont want to take anymore of your time. If you ever find yourself in London and in need of some good company (be it heterosexual) just get in contact.... I will douche you with the most splendid cognac and rinse you with the most fine champagne.

You are a divine creature Rob, Im sure you've lived more life than any other person of your age or indeed older. Im even more sure that you have a lot more decades in you. I will say a pray for you but even more importantly I will show you the way!!!!

a friend from London

Hi London Friend,

Repeatedly testing negative out to 13 weeks would, in my opinion, be both conclusive and definitive. Although I cannot diagnose why your lymphocytes, protein and ESR are out of whack, I can tell you what's not causing the problem: it's not HIV. I see no reason to have a DNA PCR test.

As I mentioned previously, I, too, have great hopes for gene therapy. However, promising phase I trials still have a very long, long road before finding their way into our treatment armamentarium.

My mailing address is the Foundation's address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Drive, Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024

At the moment, London is not on my travel roster; however, the splendid cognac douche and fine champagne rinse is indeed tempting.

Stay well, Mate! Congrats on your negative tests!

My angel
protection from needlesticks and accidential exposure