|WooHooo! From a former Sailor who now works in the Middle East
Jan 22, 2005
Dear Dr. Bob:
Thank you so much for your site. It is one of the most helpful sites I have ever seen. I just want to pass on some very valuable advice. About 2 years ago while in the Navy, I had a relationship with a Philipino. My fiancée and I were having problems at that time, but that is another story. I didnt have unprotected sex or sex at all. A lot of mutual masturbation went on. But, like a majority of the people read entirely too much on the Internet, including myself and read into too many things. Eventually me and my now wife have been married for over a year now, which I am very grateful for.
Here is when the problems started. After about one month of mutual masturbation I had an HIV test and it came back negative. But, like most people I started reading into things, and that when the anxiety and stress started to kick in.
For, over a year and a half now I thought I was HIV+. This is what the worrying and anxiety got me.
1. I have gained over 40 pounds, with the thinking that if I had HIV, I would see the weight drop. 2. I looked over every spot on my body for any marks that might show the signs of AIDS starting. I also continuously looked for cuts on my fingers when I was involved with the other lady thinking that the virus would enter my body. 3. Looking at every symptom I had related to a cold or flu as a breakdown in my immune system, i.e. the start of HIV. 4. Over the past month marital relations with my wife went on a severe decline, I am referring to Mr. Happy not saluting the Captain. I let my mind take over thinking that I was HIV+ and that I would pass it on to my wife, thus no matter how bad I wanted to have a sex, I couldnt.
Well just recently after Mr. Happy let me down, I decided to get tested for HIV. I didnt want to, but as you pointed out in numerous articles, you can let your mind convince you that you have HIV and it can run down your health. Well, after waiting about 8 hours, I had my test results back and I was HIV Negative. I have lived in fear for over 15 months thinking I was HIV+, when I wasnt.
I just wanted to let your readers know, that you can over analyze and What If? things. This will run your health down and try and control your life. Do not let it! I did and look what it got me.
Dr. Bob, you are a god send and I appreciate everything your site offers people like me the needed info and give us the strength and courage to get tested.
Thank you for everything.
P.S. A donation to your foundation is on its way in the next couple of days
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Hi WOO-HOOing Former Sailor Who Now Works in the Middle East,
Thanks for taking the time to write and share your experience. I'm delighted you are "at ease" and Mr. Happy is once again "standing at attention!"
Thank you for your generous donation. It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.
Stay well, Sailor-Boy,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Black Spots After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.