Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Big Denotion!Tomorrow Judgement Day!!
Jan 22, 2005

Hi Doc.

How r u doing? This is my Xth time to write you hoping you endure me a piece of light before tomorrow..It is my Judgement Day!!If I am fine, I promise to make a big Denotion. My story was 3 weeks agao. I had a protected virgina sex with a sex worker(girl) in Germany..However, I did a licking on her without protection, also she did a BJ without a protection. (No bleeding in each other's mouth..The Condom seems ok afterwards) So, about 3 days after this Exposure(30th, Dec,2004..really happy new year!!??) I was beaten by a cold..running nose+sore throat..The cold goes away after 3 days.

But my real paranoid starts since then because I starts to developed several pimples on my truck and one or two on my abdomen in these 3 weeks..(It seems they are continuing developing..)I am now absolutely crazy with this...

In the past 3 weeks, almost everyday I checked your answers to others, I realized that my pimples just be sure an ARS since it happened in the right time in the right places--Oh..my god..So I am so stressful..in this 3 weeks, to make me forget temporarily about HIV, I keep myself drinking to be drunk everyday..(Everyday at least 1L of Red win), and I also start smoking like a hell(At least one Pack per day...)

Well, air to the air, dust to the dust..tomorrow, I am going to do a RNA-PCR test, do you think I ruined my life? I am only 24...god save me...And is 3 weeks time RNA-PCR test definite or at least indecative? Am I going to be the first Documented case of getting HIV by receptive BJ and giving licking..Once again, if I did survived with your generous advice and my PCR test, I will make a big denotion right away!! Please tell me the adress for bank transfer..And please do reply me.

Mr. Dying Man

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Mr. Man,

You are "absolutely crazy," because of "several pimples???" Hmm . . . guess it really doesn't take much to push you 'round the bend, now does it? And you "realized that my pimples just be sure an ARS since it happened in the right time in the right place . . . ." Where did you ever come up with that nutsy notion? All of this anxiety because you had "protected 'virgina' sex," did a licking," and had a BJ? Yes, I will agree you are indeed "so stressful;" however, in my opinion you have very little to be so stressed about! Your HIV risk was minimal at best. Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk is essentially that of unprotected oral sex. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. So, are you going to be "the first documented case of getting HIV by receptive BJ and giving licking?" No, I would bet you are going to be the gazillionth case of an anxiety-ridden worried well ultimately realizing he is HIV negative. Have you ruined your life? No, not yet, but you seem to be on that path with your alcohol abuse and "smoking like hell." Both of these activities will indeed eventually ruin both your health and your life. If you are a "dying man," it's unwarranted stress, alcohol and nicotine that are killing you, not HIV.

Good luck with your HIV tests. Donations (or "denotions" for that matter) should be made out of a desire to help others who are in desperate need, not as a consequence of Judgment Day or as an attempt to get me to respond to a particular question, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
"leave the gun - take the canolis"
Next
Good conversation with Home Access!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.