For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Viral Load and ARS symptoms

Dr. Bob,

Is it possible that having an HIV exposure with an individual who has a high viral load could cause ARS symptoms to occur within 2-3 days after exposure? I am certainly aware that ARS will vary for everyone, so I guess I'm asking what the prevalence of such occurence might be based on your experience? Your work is precious!

No, in my experience, two-three days is too early to experience HIV ARS symptoms, no matter what the source patient's viral load happens to be.

My work is "precious?" Hmmm . . . OK, I never thought of it that way, but OK, thanks!

Stay well.

8 Years Well Worried - WOO HOO and Lessons Learned
Dr. Bob 3 Nick 0