One mistake..is my life as i know it over???

hello again this is the second time i have tried to write to u i hope i am a worried well...donation to be sent...i made a big mistake 2weeks ago and now i am really scared because i have a child and worried im gonna miss out on his life by this one stupid moment in mine...here goes the situation...i met this guy a few months ago we went out a few times..keep in mind he says hes hiv negative but i dont know for sure...he came to my house for the day we kicked it all was cool...well then we started messing around..i was on my monthly cycle and had a tampon in place so i knew no intercourse would happen...things of course went further than anticipated and before i realized it his male parts(to put it nicely) were rubbing on my genital area...no insertion since the tampon was there...he did not cum but im not sure about precum..how high of a risk is this...should i be worried...i plan to test at three months but if i test sooner would that be accurate...i asked on the bulletin board and got two responses sayin it was low risk but i would feel better if i also heard it from a doctor...i feel really guilty now and i am going to get professional help asap. I read your page daily and I am so glad u help people ease their fears...i know i need to learn more about this disease since i do work in the medical field and since i moved to a larger city i have to deal with it more than ever before...i guess u could say i'm a nieve (sp?) country girl tryin to survive in the big city. i have also checked out aidsmeds.com and would like to learn more...please help me if u can i watched my uncle go thru life with hiv and die of aids and i dont want to follow in his steps in that area...i know now one mistake can cause a life of regret...I thank u in advance and will send a donation...take care and god bless u

Hi Country Girl,

I agree with the advice you got on the bulletin board. The activity you describe would be considered very low risk. Sure, if you are worried, you should get a test at the three-month mark. And if you are having trouble coping with guilt, anxiety or irrational thoughts, I agree you should seek professional help.

As for HIV/AIDS information, check around on this site and related links. As for trying to survive in the big city, go to Blockbuster or Netflix and check out all six years of "Sex in the City." Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha have been there and done that!

Thanks for your donation. Stay safe. Stay well. Enjoy the big city!

cuold i have hiv
I don't know if I got a lap dance.