DYSPHAGIA and Creatine

Dr. Bob, This is a short question, maybe it will get answered. I know i've written many times about symptoms and im sorry for you having to filter through that crap but... just a quick question: In regards to dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing, I experienced this 3 weeks after possible high-risk exposure, duration was 24 hours. It was the first symptom i experienced and all many other symptoms followed. Symptoms have subsided, except for joint pain in my ankle, and now the difficulty swallowing has once again started. This, I have heard, can be caused by the common weight-training supplement, creatine which i just started taking. My question: Are you aware of any cases of increased dysphagia/oral cordination in HIV poz patients taking creatine? Is dysphagia most commonly recognized as the first symptom of an HIV infection? and one more>>> off topic, are oral "blemishes" associated with early HIV generally painless?

Doc, I want to thank your efforts with a hefty donation which is soon on its way. Much Love (and good karma), David

Hi David,

Dysphagia/oral coordination problems in HIV poz patients taking creatine??? No. Some forms of creatine can cause bloating, but this is not HIV-specific.

Dysphagia as a first sign of HIV? No.

Oral "blemishes?" I don't really know what you are referring to, so I can't respond to that one.

Stay well, David.

black male; feel I'm being ignored by doctors
i took your advice