Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

In a pinch, can waterproof nylon be an effective barrier againts HIV?
Jan 14, 2005

Hello Doctor,

I got together with a pretty slutty girl a few weeks ago. She wanted to have sex and I said I couldn't because I didn't have a condom. So she said it was ok just to fool around. Things got pretty heavy - she had all her clothes off, including her undies, and I was down to my rainpants. (its been raining like hell in LA). Anyways, my rainpants are made out of nylon and are XXL to fit over levis. That day I was only wearing underwear under the rain pants, so they were pretty baggy. Baggy enough for my penis to be totally hard and sticking straight up. So she was rubbing her vagina all over the top of my nylon covered penis while on top of me. I am pretty sure that the head of my penis got atleast a little of the way in her vagina because when she'ld move in certain directions I could feel resistance and then a poping out feeling. I felt really uncomfortable with that feeling so I stopped making out with her about 4-5 minutes after. So I was wondering if I have put myself at risk by doing this, considering that my uerthra was problably at the entrace of her vagina. Do you know if the waterproof nylon would have protected me from possible infection? Thanks a bunch - -Soaked to the bone.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Soaked to the Bone,

First off, wouldn't "soaked to the Boner" be more accurate?

Regarding your XXL nylon rain pants, besides from being a poor fashion statement, I would not relay on them to be protective against HIV. They really are not designed to protect against that kind of "wet." Overall, I'd say your HIV risk would be very low; however, if you feel you've been a fool by not vulcanizing your tool, then get HIV tested in three months. Finally, if you plan to get "wet" again, I'd suggest you wear rubbers rather than rain pants.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Oh No, What have you done Bob??!!
Next
Remerciements

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.