!!!GERMAN TV SAYS KISSING IS MORE RISKY THAN PENETRATION!!!

Hey Dr.Bob I'm really confused here. a friend of mine has told me that in a german tv, he heard them say that oral kissing is way too risky than anal or vaginal penetration for HIV infection. they say that, since there are no wounds on the penis, it is hard to make one during penetration. even if you masturbate over and over (so they say) you can not easily make any wounds on the penis and therefore you can not easily be infected. however, they say, since almost everyone has rotten teeth (is this what you call them), and almost everyone's lips are chapped,and because of other small wounds in the mouth etc... it is riskier. they say that almost everyone's lips bleed during a deep strong kissing and they also claim that most people who got this disease during a sexual intercouse actually got it not because of penetration but because of kissing, they just (and the doctors) think that they got the virus through penetration, but it was kissing that infected them. i almost read everytnig in the archieves in this site, and know what you think about the risks of kissing, but still i'm confused. could this be true? could all the doctors be wrong? your words mean a lot to me, and since they are about HIV infection, i'll take them as the sole truth. please respond. i am from turkey and i'm not a native speaker of english so i hope you understand what i mean when i 'say rotten teeth' and 'chapped lips'.

Hi Turkey-Guy,

Are you really going to believe everything some whacko says on TV? Let alone what a friend told you he heard some whacko say on German TV? Yes, I understand what "rotten teeth" and "chapped lips" are. What you need to understand is what "bullshit TV" means.

Stay informed. Stay well.

YABBA DABBA WOO HOO
French Quarters' French Kiss