Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

!!!GERMAN TV SAYS KISSING IS MORE RISKY THAN PENETRATION!!!
Jan 14, 2005

Hey Dr.Bob I'm really confused here. a friend of mine has told me that in a german tv, he heard them say that oral kissing is way too risky than anal or vaginal penetration for HIV infection. they say that, since there are no wounds on the penis, it is hard to make one during penetration. even if you masturbate over and over (so they say) you can not easily make any wounds on the penis and therefore you can not easily be infected. however, they say, since almost everyone has rotten teeth (is this what you call them), and almost everyone's lips are chapped,and because of other small wounds in the mouth etc... it is riskier. they say that almost everyone's lips bleed during a deep strong kissing and they also claim that most people who got this disease during a sexual intercouse actually got it not because of penetration but because of kissing, they just (and the doctors) think that they got the virus through penetration, but it was kissing that infected them. i almost read everytnig in the archieves in this site, and know what you think about the risks of kissing, but still i'm confused. could this be true? could all the doctors be wrong? your words mean a lot to me, and since they are about HIV infection, i'll take them as the sole truth. please respond. i am from turkey and i'm not a native speaker of english so i hope you understand what i mean when i 'say rotten teeth' and 'chapped lips'.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Turkey-Guy,

Are you really going to believe everything some whacko says on TV? Let alone what a friend told you he heard some whacko say on German TV? Yes, I understand what "rotten teeth" and "chapped lips" are. What you need to understand is what "bullshit TV" means.

Stay informed. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
YABBA DABBA WOO HOO
Next
French Quarters' French Kiss

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.