Vaccination can delay accurate ELISA??

Dear Dr. Bob,

I am not sure you answered this before, though I have read almost the entire archeive, I could not find an answer to my question. On July 24 I had unprotected oral and protected anal sex me being the insertive with another male. I am a 31 year old male. At week 8 I had an HIV-1 antibody test for immigration purposes, and was neg. I also had to retake some vaccination shots for mumps, measles, etc. At 4.5 month mark, I tested again for HIV-1 it was neg. Now here is the question: Can vaccination influence test results because it could delay HIV antibody production in body? Well thx for being such a big help and inspiration. I read your answers everyday! And yes, Happy New Year to you and Dr. Steve!

The answer is indeed in the archives (in fact, several times!). Briefly, no, vaccinations do not influence HIV antibody production, HIV test results or the "window period."

Happy Holidays to you, too!

Respnse for Central American Bar Experience
Scared by Dr.