Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Respnse for Central American Bar Experience
Jan 5, 2005

Dear Dr Robert

Thank you for responding to my questions about the male strippers in a Central American Bar. Your response was posted on 12/29/04. I did mention that we had no noticable cuts on our hands after touching the strippers penis, chest and arms. My other question is can any pre-cum get in small openings in the skin that are not really noticable that could be a risk when we touched the stripper's penis hands and chest. Sorry I did not make that clearer in my first question. It seems like it falls in the casual contact category, but not quite as casual as hand shake when you touch a penis. I will admit that it was more fun though. A friend who also went to the bar asked me to also ask you if he touched his eye afterwards if that was a risk.

I used to worry about HIV constantly. I have gone years without obsessing about it, but I do admit I had a relapse with this see-me, feel-me Central American Chipendale experience.

By the way the bar was really cool and you were right the stripper was a hottie. He was also very nice. It was an unexpected good time of laughs and entertainment.It seemed harmless and it is hard as a gay man to be like the Saturday Night Live church lady all the time. Really just too bad though that it can come with the anxiety about HIV. The bar was a gay bar in downtown San Jose, Costa Rica. It was a namless bar a few meters from a bar called Puchos. Yes I was a gay man in a gay bar. Unlike some of your readers of that I am sure. I do feel better after reading your response. Thank you again for all that you do and for responding. It is a pleasure to support your foundation. Sincerley, Worried over the holidays, but I will stop.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Guys,

Welcome back to the Forum. You can all relax about that Central American Hottie Chippendales see-me, feel-me experience. "Pre-cum getting into small openings in the skin that are not really noticeable" the HIV risk for this is essentially nonexistent. Same story for your friend who "touched his eye."

Thanks for the info. I'll bet that nameless bar and the hottie will have a busy weekend after I post this information.

So now that you know this is all considered safe, shall we create a new secret handshake society for greeting other hotties that involves the "more fun" version you described?

Thanks for your support of our foundation's efforts.

Stay well. Let's all have a stellar 2005. OK? Shall we "shake" on that?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Gracias!
Next
Vaccination can delay accurate ELISA??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.