Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My doctor has me worried ( donation to fight this virus is on the way)
Jan 5, 2005

Dr. Bob

I wrote to you yesterday about me thinking my wife has seboriec dermititis (did alot of research) she doesnt have it now but she has in the past especially during the winter. Called my doc and he said even if she does have it that it is common and people with hiv probably just have more severe cases but millions of helthy people have it as well. I told him about my risk before we were married (deep kissing for about an hour with a girl I met at a bar and unprotected bj from a stripper) i told him I got really sick about a week later and asked if it could have been ars all the way back then and now i infected my wife without knowing it. He said they both carry about the same risk extremely low and not to worry. I freaked because extremely low means there is a chance. I asked how this could happen and he said in both circumstances a person could theoretically be bleeding in their mouth and it could find its way to a cut or sore. He said not to get hung up on this because people dont get infected this way and nothing in life is 100% safe. He doesnt even think I need testing but said he would give one just to make me feel better. Please Dr. Bob am i driving myself crazy or are these real risks. Happy Holidays and a small donation(all I can afford) to fight this virus is on the way.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I think the advice your physician provided was right on target!

So, it's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Stop worrying needlessly.

2. Get tested to calm your fears.

3. Yell WOO-HOO.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Waited 11 years to get tested! Worried wells-READ!
Next
Gracias!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.