Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bob, Pick me pretty please! The CDC has me freaked!
Jan 5, 2005

Dr. Bob,

I must first pay homage to you for be an inspiration and an amazing councilor. I have written a couple of times, but no answer so I am hoping I am picked me this time.

Here is the deal. I have slept with two girls in the last 2 months.

The first lady (night before thanksgiving) I used a condom. She was on here period and did tell me, until I look down and saw what looked like a crime scene on over my genitals. She said I thought I was finished... Uuuu, guess not honey! Anyways. We both cleaned up and later I teased her vagina with my penis, but not very deep seeing she had a tampon in now. She did get rather wet and my penis only penetrated about an inch for 10 seconds and then I finish myself off. She said her last sexual exposure was in the end of June, and was test in mid-to-early September. Everything was negative, or so she says.

Second girl called me two days ago and said she tested negative for HIV, but positive for chlamydia. I am freaking out. She said her last partner was in May and they always used a condom, but she didn't with me. Hmmm? How reliable is her HIV test and is it possible that I had chlamydia from the first exposure earlier in the month. (CDC says so)?

The CDC says that even my first exposure has HIV risks. Is this true? I know that I was negative up to November for sure because usually donate blood every two months when the Red Cross comes a knocking. Except for these two exposures my last one was with a good friend in the beginning of August, so the Red Cross would have caught something in November.

I recent can down with a cold and aches in my back and thighs. This is the mid-west so I am bound to get a cold sometime this winter, but I am extremely paranoid right now.

Please help! I would love to donate money. Do you know of any organizations in Ohio to donate time to those affected by this monster?

Thanks

I feel like Alfie (nothing to be proud of).

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Regarding lady #1, if your Mr. Happy "penetrated" even for only 10 seconds, there would be a potential, albeit small, risk for STDs, including HIV.

Regarding lady #2, I really can't comment on how "reliable" her HIV test is as I don't know anything about how reliable she or any details about the specific test she had performed. As for chlamydia, yes, you could have a chlamydial infection, not have symptoms and still pass it on to other sex partners if you did not use protection.

Regarding the Red Cross, I certainly hope you aren't using them as an HIV-screening tool. That would be unconscionable.

So "what's it all about, Alfie?" My advice is straightforward: if you've placed yourself at risk for STDs, you need to be screened. Chlamydia and other STDs can be screened for now; however, to obtain a reliable HIV antibody screening test, you must wait at least three months from the time of your potential exposure.

There are a variety of AIDS service organizations in Ohio, Just "Google" AIDS service organizations/Ohio for a complete list.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Willing to donate but first a Q
Next
Waited 11 years to get tested! Worried wells-READ!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.