Bob, Pick me pretty please! The CDC has me freaked!

Dr. Bob,

I must first pay homage to you for be an inspiration and an amazing councilor. I have written a couple of times, but no answer so I am hoping I am picked me this time.

Here is the deal. I have slept with two girls in the last 2 months.

The first lady (night before thanksgiving) I used a condom. She was on here period and did tell me, until I look down and saw what looked like a crime scene on over my genitals. She said I thought I was finished... Uuuu, guess not honey! Anyways. We both cleaned up and later I teased her vagina with my penis, but not very deep seeing she had a tampon in now. She did get rather wet and my penis only penetrated about an inch for 10 seconds and then I finish myself off. She said her last sexual exposure was in the end of June, and was test in mid-to-early September. Everything was negative, or so she says.

Second girl called me two days ago and said she tested negative for HIV, but positive for chlamydia. I am freaking out. She said her last partner was in May and they always used a condom, but she didn't with me. Hmmm? How reliable is her HIV test and is it possible that I had chlamydia from the first exposure earlier in the month. (CDC says so)?

The CDC says that even my first exposure has HIV risks. Is this true? I know that I was negative up to November for sure because usually donate blood every two months when the Red Cross comes a knocking. Except for these two exposures my last one was with a good friend in the beginning of August, so the Red Cross would have caught something in November.

I recent can down with a cold and aches in my back and thighs. This is the mid-west so I am bound to get a cold sometime this winter, but I am extremely paranoid right now.

Please help! I would love to donate money. Do you know of any organizations in Ohio to donate time to those affected by this monster?

Thanks

I feel like Alfie (nothing to be proud of).

Regarding lady #1, if your Mr. Happy "penetrated" even for only 10 seconds, there would be a potential, albeit small, risk for STDs, including HIV.

Regarding lady #2, I really can't comment on how "reliable" her HIV test is as I don't know anything about how reliable she or any details about the specific test she had performed. As for chlamydia, yes, you could have a chlamydial infection, not have symptoms and still pass it on to other sex partners if you did not use protection.

Regarding the Red Cross, I certainly hope you aren't using them as an HIV-screening tool. That would be unconscionable.

So "what's it all about, Alfie?" My advice is straightforward: if you've placed yourself at risk for STDs, you need to be screened. Chlamydia and other STDs can be screened for now; however, to obtain a reliable HIV antibody screening test, you must wait at least three months from the time of your potential exposure.

There are a variety of AIDS service organizations in Ohio, Just "Google" AIDS service organizations/Ohio for a complete list.

Willing to donate but first a Q
Waited 11 years to get tested! Worried wells-READ!