The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

help me please

Jan 5, 2005

Hi Dr. frascino:

I am a hispanic girl, and sorry if my english is not very good, but I will try, please dont get mad.

About 5 months ago I had an experience with a man, but we just had deep kisses, (no sex), one month later I start with rash on all my body non-itchy, and then one month after tha rash I had a little fever, sore throat, and swollen glands in my neck. I am very depressed becasue I still have my rash on all my body and my swollen glands are there.I get tested 3 times for the Hiv (4.5 months after the expouser) and all are negatives.

I am very worried because i think that i have the virus,and my body can not produce antibodies for all the simptoms that i have.

What do you think Dr. Frascino?

Do I need more test for the hiv? Can i smile now? all that i do is just cry.

God Bless you!

(sorry again for my bad english)

Response from Dr. Frascino


Dry your tears and bring back that smile. First off, kissing is not a significant risk for HIV transmission. Your symptoms are not suggestive for HIV disease. Finally, your repeatedly negative tests out to 4.5 months are definitive and conclusive. No additional HIV testing is warranted or necessary. Rashes and swollen glands can be caused by thousands of illnesses. See your doctor for a checkup if your symptoms persist. However, one thing you don't' have to worry about is HIV. OK? Now, how about that smile?!?

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Can my dog spread HIV?
Disgruntled Pete here one last time with a much belated apology.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint