Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Big donation in return for an answer
Jan 2, 2005

Dear doctor, Im happy I found your site because Im going a bit mad. It all started on the 23 of OCT this year. I received unprotected oral sex with a female sex worker, I also received rimming and fingering. Out of coincidence 6 days after the incident my company organised blood donation to which I participated. About 12 days after the incident I had flu like symptoms, body aches I checked my temparature and it never went more than 37.2 C. About a week after that I started having diarheea which lasted for about 3 weeks. I also had small rash behind my ears and on my hand which lasted for about 24 hours. I saw a doctor who performed 2 blood tests (a week apart) the 1st one come back with an esr of 21 while the 2nd came back with an esr of 5 the doctor suggested that I should not worry. I took an antibody test at 25 days after the incident and came up negative. Now I have taken another test at 60 days after exposure but dont have the courage to go and pick up the results. What is the chance of having been infected?

You have my sincere word that if the results of this test are negative a $1000 donation would be on its way within 24 hours.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. There is no significant HIV risk from fingering or rimming without extenuating circumstances, such as active bleeding, etc.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV ARS. Your preliminary HIV test is negative and encouraging, but not definitive. Your sedimentation rate is normal (5).

What are your chances of being infected? I'd place them at minimal to nil. I would still recommend a test at the three-month mark to definitively confirm your negative status. Finally, while your very generous gift of $1000 would be most welcomed and touch many lives, I want to remind everyone that my advice here is free and available to all! Donations should be made only out of compassion, generosity and the desire to help others.

Good luck. Happy New Year. And many thanks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Tsunami obviously not important to Fox News!
Next
Can I do Wooh Wooh

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.