Janitor Worried About Needle Puncture

I am being tested for HIV because of a needle that punctured a garbage bag I was handling from a welfare clinic for children. This happened at a church I was cleaning. The prick bled and I washed it right away and just had a blood check yesterday. They say I should have the results in a few days, but that I will need testing six times this next year. My stress level is killing me and have had depression for several years. If the first results are negative, what chances are that it will be negative??

Are there faster ways to know for sure before I have a 'breakdown'?? I have been on anti-depressives and anxiety drugs. I am a woman in her 40's.

Thanks for answering.

Your HIV risk form this needle puncture is very low. First off, the chance the needle was HIV contaminated was slim. Next, HIV does not survive very long outside the body. Yes, I agree you should be HIV tested, but not "six times this next year!" At most the guidelines would recommend testing now, in three months and in six months. If your depression and anxiety are flaring over this unfortunate incident, talk to your doctor.

We'll all send you our very best good luck that your tests will remain negative. Statistically the odds are all very much in your favor!

I know your response but I just need help
Is syphilis testing definitive 14 weeks after a potential exposure?