Accuracy of Elisa/EIA 6 years post "exposure"

I've emailed The Body before but never got an answer! Hopefully this time will be different.

My question is this: is a standard Elisa or EIA screen still accurate if performed 6 years post {potential} exposure? Put another way, is there anyway that the length of time between "exposure" and test could have resulted in a false negative? Or, would there still be sufficient and detectable antibodies? I had unprotected vaginal sex in February, 1999; I did not test until December, 2004. The result was negative, however, I am concerned that perhaps my level of detectable antibodies had declined due to the time between "exposure" and testing.

The reason you did not get an answer is that many similar questions are already posted in the archives! Check it out!

Briefly, your test results are accurate. Once you are HIV antibody positive, you remain positive, no matter if it's been six years or 60 years! So, yell WOO-HOO and Happy New Year!

Stay safe. Stay well. Happy Holidays.

you've given me stength
doctor 's easy job get paid $$$$$