Could you get Kaposi Sarcoma or Hiv even if you used a condom?

Yes, I wanted to know if you could get Hiv or Kaposi Sarcoma even though you used a condom. 11 almost 12 years ago, I saw really bright red spots on my thigh about 3 to 6 weeks after itercourse.There was definately protection there but I have been concerned for some time now, fearful. There have been times when I just forgot about it and just lived my life. The spots faded to a very almost not noticable color. However, I noticed that in some areas where the spots were look like bright lesion or skin stretched. I went to the doctor and they provided me with some psoriasis cream. The strongest they had (some type of steriod). I have always been into health and nutrition and am currently taking herbs and improving on my eating or drinking (Juicing.... the right foods.

I have been known to take high dosages of natural substances that build the immune system so that I would never get sick. I however experienced the flu after leaving a warm climate and entering into a very cold climate. After that episode, I have not been ill. I have taken a TB test and I was told that I was exposed to someone who had TB but didnot have it. Please advise me on what I should do at this point because I am concered that these spots will never go away or may spread.

As you have probably read in this forum many times, "protected" sex is indeed protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

The "spots" you describe do not sound at all like Kaposi's Sarcoma. If a physician thought you had psoriasis, perhaps indeed that's what you have. If you don't believe that doctor and want a second opinion, see a skin specialist, i.e. a dermatologist.

Next, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but "high dosages of natural substances that build the immune system" will NOT prevent you from ever getting sick. Neither the immune system, nor Mother Nature, nor the Higher Power's eternal plan for us works that way. That is a reality you must eventually come to terms with. I absolutely agree with your focus on health nutrition, a healthy lifestyle, exercise, stress reduction, etc. can all have positive effects on the immune system, quality of life and longevity. But there are also realities of our biological existence that even a state of hypervigilance and intense focus on health cannot change. For instance, leaving a warm climate and entering into a very cold climate cannot cause the flu. The flu is a viral infection that has nothing at all to do with warm or cold climates. So in your quest to remain healthy, do make sure you are getting scientifically sound and accurate information. I also would consider your concerns about Kaposi's Sarcoma/HIV related to an episode 12 years ago to be unrealistic and excessive. Why be "fearful?" If you or anyone reading this forum feels they've placed themselves at risk for HIV infection, a simple 20-minute test can give them a definitive answer. Personally, I don't feel you placed yourself at any risk, nor are your symptoms consistent with HIV or Kaposi's Sarcoma. Consequently, I do not feel testing is warranted or necessary. Counseling targeted at your fears, however, might be very beneficial.

Good luck. Stay safe. Stay well.

Thank
Thank you