Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr Bob, sorry, thanks, good bye and take care.
Dec 23, 2004

Dear Dr Bob, hope you are well and hope that your recent blood test result shows everything is well under control. I am not writing in to ask for advise but just to say thank you very much to a kind soul who has been helping countless helpless worried well souls and plus those whom are genuinely infected. I have stumbled onto this site 3 years ago when I was going through a very difficult time, and yes you can say I was belong to the worried well category since I was not infected by the exposure. Back then, I went through 4-5 miserable months before I got the courage to go for the HIV test; one of my symptom was persistent generalized lympadenopathy and believe it or not, I still have them up to today. Fast forwardguess what, history repeat itself! I got sucked into the worried well category again recently when I discovered that that is another lymph node swollen weeks after another exposure. I got tested at week 5.5 and yesterday at week 7 (thank GOD, both are negatives!)and then started thinking to myself, what the heck am I thinking, I do not want to go through this sort of misery again. Today, I have decided enough is enough, I am not going to be affected by this again and I am quite certain that I am wasting my time with all these tests. You are absolutely right that it is not easy to be infected by this PESKY VIRUS as long as we take enough precautions. To those worried well who are out there, please understand, we all make mistakes, some mistakes are reversible and some arent. So, think before you act and think for your love ones before you decide to do anything foolish. And one last thingalcohol is another thing that you need to avoid; stay sober and you wont be sorry! There is a saying, if you drink, dont drive so if you drink (too much that is), dont f*** ! So, Dr Bob, I am going to leave this site for a while but will tune in from time to time. I have made another donation and though its not much but I can assure you that I will (actually I have started) be doing much more financially to assist those unfortunate children living with this PESKY VIRUS in this country I'm residing in.

Take care of yourself. I will be writing to you yearly for the next 39 years and I expect you post my msg!

With warmest regards. LB

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi L.B.,

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write in and share your experiences. Thanks also for your donation and helping HIV-positive kids.

As for posting your yearly messages for the next 39 years, well if you send 'em, I'll post 'em!

Happy Holidays, L.B.

Santa rocks.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Swollen Glands!!
Next
Can I Woohoo? 2x pos Elisa, neg WB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.