please help needed

I had a brother who had aids and I was helping out of bed by touching his hands which had dried blood due to repeated needle insertion(for glucose infusions )and shortly afterward (after about 2 minutes) I had to touch the inside of my eyelids with my fingers to get something that entered into my eye out. Now,I am worrying too much because i heard from some people that the inside of eyelids is very vulnerable to hiv infection. Dear dr Bob, are my fears justified and/or what should I do next? Tests? I thank you very much Dr.Bob and if you could tell me how I can donate to your organization. Thank you

While it is true the inside of the eyelids can be a route of HIV transmission, I agree with you that you are "worrying too much." HIV does not survive in "dried blood." The chances of contracting HIV from the incident you describe would be nearly nonexistent. If you are worried, you can get tested in three months, but the primary reason to do so would be for your own peace of mind, not because there is a significant chance of infection. OK?

Thank you for helping your brother. I wish all those trying to cope with the enormous challenges of AIDS had helping brothers to lean on.

Stay well.

Handling used condom and semen spillage
Please help: Window periods for testing of other STDs?