Tested Positive - Worried about my kids

Recently tested positive and now all I can think about is infecting the kids.

What about drinking from the same cup, a kiss on the cheek if I have a cold sore.

All these things racing through my mind, is there a place to get information on what I can and can't do to keep the kids safe !!

Please help !!!!

Sorry to hear about your recent positive test. There are many resources available to answer your questions, calm your fears and help you adjust to your new reality. An excellent first step is to talk to an HIV specialist. Write down all your specific questions and concerns and then discuss them with your doctor. Casual contact, such as drinking from the same cup or giving a kiss, will not transmit the virus. Reliable online HIV information sources, such as this site (review the archives) and related links, should be very helpful to you. In addition, there are also many other sources of information available Project Inform and POZ magazine, for example.

Try not to panic. Your kids are safe. Write back if you have specific questions that you cannot find answers to. We're all in this together. So let's go through it together as well, OK?

Just a Rave
chronic diarreah with a new HIV infection