Anxiety about being positive...turned out negative

I am posting this as a message to anyone who has worried or is worried about being infected. For the last year and a half I have been worried that I am HIV positive. I have read all of the forums on this and many other sites, and I developed an intense love-hate relationship with medical books. A year and a half ago I had sex with a new partner, and before we noticedthe condom broke. It was already too late. Strangely enough, the condom also broke a few days later. I am hyper vigilant about my health and I noticed that 16 days post-possible infection I had swollen lymph nodes and a fever. It felt like mono, but I had had mono before. I also had extremely painful joints, fatigue, and a headache. About four days later I started having some abdominal cramping and diarrhea. My boyfriend at the time assured me that he had been tested, but I later found out that he was a pathological liar. It was then that I began worrying about having HIV, and today, a year and a half later I decided to get tested. I tested NEGATIVE. I have gone through a year and a half of incessant worrying (constantly feeling my lymph nodes, checking my body), anxiety attacks and inconceivable panic which has affected my school, job, and relationships. Not a day went by that I did not worryand I did it all for nothing. The fact is that if I had gotten tested a year ago I would have saved myself and the people around me a lot of pain. Remember, I was EXTREMELY CONVINCED that I was positive....and I am not. To all of you out there who are worrying...get tested. Knowing is so much better than going through the fear and worry of not knowing. Take care of yourselves.

Two condom breaks within a few days and then finding out your boyfriend is a pathological liar? As Lemony Snicket would say, that is indeed "a series of unfortunate events!" did you check the expiration date on those condoms? Did you remember one of our favorite slogans: "lubrication is your friend?"

Well, nonetheless, we all enjoy a story that has a happy ending (except for maybe Mr. Snicket?), and so WOO-HOO!

Congratulations. Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Happy, Healthy Holidays!

Santa rocks!

Thought I was playing safe but got shot in eye
rolled the dice in vegas