Taking Test Today b/c you gave me strength

Hi Dr. Bob,

I'm the (Red-Stater!) girl who wrote you about the 5 seconds of unprotected vaginal intercourse with the promiscuous guy (w/ both girls and boys) who claims to be negative.

I'm taking the test today -- would be 84 days TOMORROW.

So, here goes nothing. Thank you for giving me the courage to do this and put my (maybe overblown) fears to rest. Reading this forum has made me realize how I DON'T want to be a prisoner of fear anymore, but instead want to live a productive life.

Yes, I have had ALL the symptoms, and yes I have been torturing myself.

I hope to write back soon and add myself to the Ex-Worried Wells with a newfound respect for my own body and for the people who are struggling with this disease.

Even if I am overreacting (as this guy claims I am), this has all put my life in a whole new perspective. I lost my dad 8 months ago and since then I've gone a little nuts with the drinking and random hook-ups with perhaps untrustworthy men.

At any rate, this is going on too long but I just wanted to say THANKS and I hope to write back happy soon, and donation will be on its way, and if I gonna be permitted to be young and healthy for awhile I have a new resolve to try and be of use to other folks.

You are an inspiration, and although I'm not a Christian I'm gonna start praying that you continue your unbelievably good work for other people in Fine Fettle and that wonderful, humorous spirit. Thank you so much.

Merry Christmas,

Gretchen

Hey Gretchen,

Let's see. For five seconds of sex, that's 84 days of overblown worry, torturing yourself as a prisoner of fear. That works out to be 7,257,600 seconds. 1,053,455 seconds of torture for each one second of sexual pleasure. Hmmm . . . no matter what this bisexual love machine looked like, I'd say you got a raw deal.

I'm delighted you are ready for your "get out of jail free" card. You more than deserve it. I've got a major WOO-HOO stored up and ready to unleash with you as soon as those test results are back. So don't keep me waiting too long, OK?

As for the prayers, many thanks. Despite what some might think, the non-Christian varieties really do work just as well!

Yes, Gretchen, it will be a Merry ChristKwanzaKah.

Tested too early
Condom mishap with HIV+ Partner