best formula for baby

I am HIV+ and pregnant.Am due in early Feb 2005.I am wondering what is the best formula I can start my baby on since I'm not going to breast feed at all.I'm on the meds and have kept an undetectable viral load and my CD4 has risen from less than 100 to over 300 in the 2 years since I started the meds which are AZT,3TC and Crixivan. I'm having a C-section and am praying for an infection free baby.Am living in a developing country but can still procure the best formulas from outside if I know which ones are highly recommended and closer to breast milk. Thanks for your time.This site is a real inspiration when living with 'the monster' in your blood.

Hello Soon-To-Be-Mom,

There is no one "best" formula for all infants. Consequently, I'll just make a few general comments.

1. Yes, you need to absolutely avoid breast feeding.

2. Cow's milk-based formulas are best for most babies. It's the closest alternative we have to human breast milk.

3. Use an "iron-fortified" formula until your baby is at least one year of age.

4. There are three general varieties of formula to choose from ready-to-use, liquid concentrate and powder. There is no benefit to your baby in choosing one over the other, but there may be benefits for you related to convenience and cost.

If you have additional questions, I'd suggest you check out the American Academy of Pediatrics Web site.

Good luck, Soon-To-Be-Mom. Give the baby a kiss from me, OK?

A few questions for the WooHoo King
i have every symotom im positive for sure