Thanks! (re: Is my Doctor Crazy)

I wrote "Is my Doctor Crazy." Thanks for your response and the web resource! I am in fact in the US and will see a specialist on Monday (it is currently the weekend). I will also make a donation to your charity, as the work you do is life (and peace of mind) saving.

Since writing my question, I got my qualitative DNA PCR results back, it was negative. However, it was taken only 3 to 5 days after exposure. Is this too soon? I see different figures online ranging, from 24 hours to one month. I guess my new question is, should I have some peace of mind with the test?

Thanks again for your hard work and wonderful spirt. p.s. you're very cute!

I do not advise using DNA PCR for routine HIV screening, because the test is not sufficiently accurate for diagnosis without confirmation by other more standardized testing techniques. The main use for DNA PCR is viral detection in the case of neonatal (newborn) HIV at four or more months. It can also be helpful in the case of indeterminate serologic tests (antibody tests). Consequently, the question of "too soon" really can't' be answered, as the test is not designed for this purpose. Your HIV specialist can review this information with you in greater detail. Certainly any "negative" test is better than a "positive" one, but I would not rely solely on a three to five-day DNA PCR for definitive peace of mind.

Thanks for your compliments and your donation to my foundation! Both are warmly appreciated! We'll all send you our best karma that your tests remain negative.

THE WORST B'DAY OF MY LIFE!!!
Safe sex help.. one magnetic couple to another!