"Hope & Inspiration"
Dec 12, 2004
Dear Dr Bob,
You signify the words "Hope & Inspiration" for me and am sure for many more reading this forum!!
Well here goes my story..about 3 years ago i had unprotected anal sex with a sex worker.... came down with mouth ulcers and pains in my body particularly hands and feet. Was tooooo sacared to get tested.
A year after that I sarted to Party...thought secrew it if I have the virus I will enjoy life and started sniffing cocaine. This year I quit drugs and I finally got tested by an elisa test and to my suprise it was negative got another test done again negative. Now my question do you think a year of sniffing coke (about 3 times a week) would weaken my immune system and cause a false negative. Also I have been experiencing pain throught my body especially my hand and feet..it comes and goes..is this peripaheal neuropathy
I desperatly wanna move on but am confused, shall i get a pcr dna test to rule out all possiblities or have I tested enough ( Date of exposure July 01 7 dates of test Aug 04, Sep 04 ELISA)
Look foward to hearing from you doc and will keep you in my prayers for the rst of my life
Response from Dr. Frascino
Gosh, some guys will use any excuse to party. So you wanted to "live like you were dying," while so many others are just dying to live. Go figure.
OK, anyway, I'm delighted you've found your way back to a healthy reality and that your reality is indeed healthy! Here are the answers to your specific questions:
1. No, your coke-tweaking days would not influence your HIV antibody test results or cause false-negative tests.
2. No, what you are describing is not peripheral neuropathy.
3. No, there is no reason for PCR-DNA testing. Your negative ELISAs are conclusive and definitive.
Congratulations, Adam. You dodged the proverbial bullet. Now don't "secrew" up this second chance, OK? Stay safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Neuropathy In Tongue And Face
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- What Are The Chance Of Getting Hiv Using A Condom?
- Muscle Stiffness And Peripheral Neuropathy
- Does Black People Have Hiv More Often Than White People?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.