reply to "u suck"

Well people are entitle to their own opinion. But i could not have agreed more with you doctor. Education is the key of preventing Hiv infection. Well i know abstinence is quite a joke (sorry), but how many people these days practice abstinence??? I know i wasnt a virgin anymore at 14, but im glad the french school system taught us valuable information that kept me safe from Hiv til today, and many others; and of course the wide advertisements of condoms in France and europe!!! Bush and his supporters think abstinence is the key, maybe it is? but they need to have a reality check, because sex is everywhere!!! the more you know the better you can protect yourself and others!!!

Thank you doctor Frascino for being here and educate us on such important issue, but for some "ignorance" is the only key, that is sad.

"Practicing abstinence" is kind of a weird saying, isn't it? Lots of folks "practice" the piano, for instance, but most aren't very good at that either. The potential downside, however, of screwing up a Beethoven sonata is not nearly as catastrophic as the potential downside of screwing up "safer-screwing"! I really don't have a problem with teaching "abstinence," but the concept of teaching "abstinence only" is unrealistic, contrary to human nature and dangerously myopic! Perhaps we just need to remind these abstinence-only folks that everyone alive today is here because every single one of his or her direct ancestors, throughout all of human history, had sex. I'm sure the abstinence-only folks will quickly write back and tell me "marriage" is the answer. Of course folks like me aren't even allowed to get married. And marriage, even for women, is no magic answer. In fact, in some societies, marriage is a serious HIV risk factor for women! We have much to learn from the French!

Stay well. Continue to demand appropriate scientific-based sex education, including information on condoms and harm-reduction techniques for all!

Stay safe. Stay well.

p24 and antibody test?
"Hope & Inspiration"