Robert......PLEEEEASE bet me and win....pleeeease!!!!! READ THIS

Dr. Bob let me say first that you saved my life so far...i really appreciate what you are doing for everybody, you are clearly in my mind a great person! Anyway i have a bet for you! I bet you i really am a documented case of getting hiv through insertive oral sex. Of course this a bet i would prefer to loose but anyway...i promise/swear if i loose this bet i will donate money every month for the rest of my life. Even if you do not take the bet though i will support this fight against this horrible disease. I am really a changed man...hopefully not to late. I consider myself to be a smart person that is very intune to his body. I can not figure out what the #$@@ is going on with my body. Please set me staight! I have read the archives...they have saved me from insanity, so far. I recieved oral sex from someone that i found out after the fact, is hiv+. Oral sex that maybe lasted 1 min.(i dont consider myself a marathon man) To this day i have so many symptoms...endless. Inside of three months i have had...gingivitis, whitening of my tongue(which doctors say is normal...i remind you that i am in tune with my body [not normal!!!]),sore throat, an itchy rash that is on my arms, back, legs and chest. I lost 20 pounds in a 2-3 weak span, dizzy spells and today ringing started in my ears. I swear to you that oral sex is my only risk...sadly i know this for sure. There was no visible blood that i noticed...but this girl i noticed had swollen possibly infected gums...i am so freakin scared!!! My post encounter education has been a real eye opener...but a little too late! Please tell me honestly...could my body really be putting my through these smptoms just because of stress? Now here is the clincher that i think wins me the bet (either way i loose i guess) After this risky encounter i was with another person that has had headaches and appears to have a very similiar rash to my own. This has clearly added to my stress and turmoil. How do you tell an innocent person that you may have infected them....i am going crazy and i need some help/reassurance. Please wave your magic wand and make this all better. pls reply...

A Changed man

Hi Changed Man,

"The first documented case of HIV through insertive oral sex?" I'm glad this is a bet you would prefer to loose, because the odds are astronomically against your winning and this being your 15 minutes of fame. Being Italian and all, I enjoy gambling, and having worked in the field of HIV medicine for over two decades, I feel quite certain the odds in this case are indeed correct. So, hell yes, I'll take that bet! And I'll let our Board of Directors know we've got a "sure thing" coming!

As for not being able to figure out what the #$@*% is going on with your body, that could be a bit trickier over the Internet. Let me start with a few well known "documented" facts:

1. HIV is not easy to get form any kind of oral sex.

2. There have been no well documented cases of getting HIV from insertive oral sex. (Being barely a sprinter spurter, let alone a marathon man, would most likely further decrease this already extremely low risk.)

3. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease.

You admit to being "so freakin' scared." Do you realize that anxiety and stress can cause many of the symptoms you are experiencing? Your "bet clincher" is far more likely to be mere coincidence than actual viral transmission. Just read through the archives of this forum and you'll find many other testimonials (and some bets!) similar to yours. All of these situations turned out to be false alarms!

I truly believe the only magic wand that's needed for this situation is the wand of reason. I do realize and sympathize with the stressful situation you are currently experiencing, but please trust me when I say I sincerely believe all will turn out well for you. I look forward to celebrating the good news of your losing your bet!

Hang in there, changed man. Things will soon be changing for the better for you!

Dr.Bob...............HOW ARE YOU???
4 years of hell