Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help me EDUCATE in Kenya Dr Bob
Dec 1, 2004

i get asked questions form time to time by friends in kenya. they seem to think cos im form the uk i will know more about this subject. i read this site alot and learnt a great deal. however one question i just want clarity on is this Dr Bob.

the condom covers say 50% of you penis (from the pee hole to half way up) the vagianl fluids get onto the uncovered half. whats the chances of hiv infecting this person? from what i learnt so far i would tell this person he has sufficiently protected himself from hiv.am i right there Dr.

by the way Dr Bob i dont know you,never met you, never will probably but i think of you from time to time and hope your still winning the battle there.love your humour and the way you love life even with this virus doing its best to get you outta here. inspiration to many Dr Bob, thank you for just being you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Perhaps the same size condom that rolls all the way down you UK guys only goes 50% of the way down the Kenyan dudes. Ahhh, well, that's not really your question now, is it?

OK, yes, I agree that as long as the business end of the one-eyed monster is condomized, there should be no significant HIV risk. HIV cannot pass through intact skin on the shaft of the penis. Of course, we do recommend a condom that covers the whole stump before one humps to prevent certain other STDs (syphilis, herpes, warts, etc.)

So just advise your friends that sex is always cleaner with a well-packaged wiener, OK?

Stay well, UK-Guy,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please don't shoot me!!
Next
Good to see you still around

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.