Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

-Donated- Now can you help sing it with me..Woo-Hoo?
Nov 29, 2004

Hey Dr.Bob,

I just got my 12 week negative and I feel absolutely Ecstatic!!!

Even though everyone told me I had nothing to worry about including you, I wanted to relieve any doubt in my head about the window period -ESPECIALLY since I got sick AFTER my 8 week negative. I am now going to focus on my anxiety issues which I feel have an element of OCD.

I just made a donation to your site concertedeffort.com and feel so good that I am helping other people.

My Bday is right around the corner. I never knew you were a pianist! -Can you please help me yell out Woo-Hoo? Or sing it in a bday carol -haha. I was thinking "Happy Bday Woo-Hoo, Happy Birthday Woo-Hoo, Happy Birthday Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you! WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!

Thank you for all the support Dr.Bob. Not only for myself but the tremendous amount of support you do for everyone.

Take care,

Nutcase.

***Previous Post***

Hello Dr.Bob,

I know you are a very very very busy man and I am soo sorry to bother you but I just need to hear advice from you and ONLY you. I respect you T H A T much.

I am not sure if I fall into the WW category and if my fears are irrational.

I Had protected sex with an intact latex condom that did not 'appear' to break or anything for MAXIMUM 1-3 minutes with a high risk woman who has multiple partners all the time (you can say she's a sex worker that doesn't do it for a 'living') until I knew this wasn't right and took the condom off and masturbated myself (a lil' scared about fluids I may have had on my hands when I took the condom off but not tooo worried about that).. Can't say anything about holes that I may not have seen since I remember when I put on the condom I remember seeing a lil' bit air at the top and I tried taking the air out by streching out the condom and forcing the air down (I can't even really remember anymore).

The woman tested for me since she knew I was very stressed and anxious exactly 1 month after the exposure. It came out negative.

The paranoid freak I am decided to test at 8 weeks after 'this' exposure thinking that she might have been in the 'window'. It came out negative/non-reactive using Abbot AXSyM MEIA done at a Provincial Health Lab.

The week before I got tested for HIV, I got tested at a different clinic for all STI's. The nurse/counsellor didn't think I needed to do anything but I decided might as well. I went into another room and another nurse came with a needle and took blood for syphilis. I don't recall 'seeing' her taking out any new needles or anything like that and I ended up with a bruise on my arm where she drew blood. I didn't have a good feeling about the whole process and my intuition kind of freaked me out by giving me a bad feeling. EXACTLY 2 weeks later (and 8 weeks after the 'other' exposure I came down with what kind of resembles a 'cold' but still feel the effects of fatigue and weakness 1 1/2 weeks later. I know it SOUNDS irrational but I remember I started having a general feeling of not feeling well exactly a week after and the sore throat/cold came out another week later. TOTAL = 2 weeks after needle draw.

I don't know if it was an actual cold I got or my immune system was shot down with stress and after 8 weeks it was finally able to fight back (making antibodies) or that the nurse could have infected me while taking blood and I came down with seroconversion illness EXACTLY 2 weeks later or I am just being Highly Highly irrational and need to get the hell off these HIV sites and MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE. I tell that to myself but then get totally freaked out if I or my girlfriend gets sick at all. Yesterday my Dr. referred me to a psychologist as he said that I think too negative and there is nothing physically wrong with me.

What do you suggest Dr.? Can I resume my normal life and get married to my gf without thinking that I might infect her? Should I go for my 12 week test next week and call it quits after that or should I just forget testing all together. Do my symptoms suggest ARS at all?

I just need to hear it out of your mouth Dr.Bob.

I have been on hiv sites since DAY 1 of the exposure and have read every single post on every single site atleast 1000 times. But I trust nobody more than YOU.

Can I Woo-Hoo or should I wait and take a test at 12 weeks and then maybe I can woo-hoo? I yearn to hear or say those words.

Please post my question Dr. I am dying to hear a response. There will definately be a donation whether you post or not post. I too want to make a concertedeffort on my part ;).

Thank you,

Nutcase.

Response from Dr.Bob:

Hi,

Yep, you definitely fall into the WW category. Yep, your fears are "highly, highly irrational." Yep, you need to "get the hell off these HIV sites." Yep, you can WOO-HOO.

Thank you for your donation! That makes me WOO-HOO too!

Feel better and remember HIV is not your problem, OK?

Dr. Bob

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Nutty! (Or should that be Mr. Case?),

Either way, Woo-de-frickin'-hoo! Sure I'll play it on the piano. Shall I mix in a bit of "Happy Days Are Here Again" with the "Happy Birthday" tune?

Thank you for your donation. Yes, helping others does indeed give one a wonderful feeling.

Stay well, Mr. Case!

Dr. Bob

Previous
sunshine
Next
hahaha dr. "bob" shows his colors again

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.