Accuracy of free clinic tests
Nov 29, 2004
Dr Robert, This may like a stupid question and I have checked the archives for it. I was wondering if the HIV tests conducted for free through clinics like Planned Parenthood are as accurate as the ones that would be provided through a primary care physician. i.e. 3 months woohoo through a Planned Parenthood test would be as accurate as one through my doctor? Thanks so much for all your advice and support, you are truly a pillar of strength to countless individuals out there.
Response from Dr. Frascino
There are no stupid questions here . . . well OK, figuratively speaking anyway.
The tests used by Planned Parenthood are FDA approved and as reliable and accurate as those used in private physicians' offices.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.