Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You offer so much hope - thank you
Nov 29, 2004

For the past 5 months I have been worried sick I was HIV+ to the extent I could not work, eat or do everyday things.

I would sit here all day on the internet comparing my symptoms to those on all the HIV websites, which in turn made me more ill.

Today I got tested, and everything came back normal. Its going to take a while now for me to start getting my life back to normal.

However I am writing to say thank you, becuase this was the ONLY site on the web which offered honest advice, and your answers always gave me reassurance. I didnt email you for help, instead just read through the posts everyday admiring the effort you put into this site in answering peoples questions.

For every question you answer there must be millions of people like me just siting there quietly reading the reply.

The whole experience of worrying about HIV has totally changed my outlook on life, and I am more educated about the virus now than I have ever been before.

I wish you all the best for your future, and thank you again from the silent majority.

Thank you.

Gary

PS. WooHoo from the UK!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi WOO-HOO-ing Gary from UK,

Thank you first of all for your very kind comments and for taking the time to write in and share your experience with the silent majority and not-so-silent and minorities.

I also want to thank you for using the archives to find answers to your questions and reassurance. I often fear that once I post questions and they become part of the archives, no one bothers to read them anymore. The vast majority of questions I receive on a daily basis, cramming their way into my inbox, have already been answered multiple times and are posted in the archives. I'm hopeful your post, Gary, will remind everyone that the information they need or reassurance they desire is often only a mouse click away!

Stay well, Gary-UK!

Dr. Bob-USA

Previous
PLEASE HELP ME BOB I NEED AN ANSWER
Next
Ce n'est pas une question, mais un remerciement

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.