An Oral Casualty, Please answer this third attempt?

Dr. Bob, I really appreciate your knowledge sharing. I'm a married guy and received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute and ejaculated. I saw her saliva, it was clear and she had no visible mouth sores/cuts. Nineteen days later I developed a sore throat (for 2 weeks), sore neck glands (5 days), an open, linear rash between my scrotum and right thigh, a coated tongue (likely not thrush, and recently slightly sore mastoids.

During this time I had no fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, no N/V, no flu-like feeling and no wt. loss. I only had two elevated temps of 100.4 and 99.2, and a night sweat that might've broken the 100.4 temp. I tested HIV- at 4weeks 2 days (rapid test), and I visited a local STD clinic for the rash (rash @4+days). The Dr. said the rash could be genital herpes; he took a culture and prescribed Acyclovir. He also said it's possible I could have HIV, and that he has patients in his care who contracted HIV through insertive fellatio. I've only read of a few documented cases of this, so I freaked! Two weeks later, a nervous wreck, I returned for a follow-up, and was Herpes/Syph -. I described my rash/symptoms and my sexual encounter to a different doctor, who told me he didn't think I had HIV or Herpes, that I should get some rest and retest for HIV if it would make me feel better. Two different STD docs, two very different attitudes. My anxiety and depression won't go away. What Gives?

P.S. your forum is great and I'm gonna donate!

Both my opinion and the vast weight of published medical literature would support the information you received from STD doc #2.

My advice is to get help for your guilt, anxiety, stress and depression. An HIV test at three months would be definitive and perhaps the most efficacious way to restore your peace of mind.

Thanks for your donation!

Stay well.

Oral sex from sex worker while drunk
Payroll Deduction