Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

This hasnt been answered before, PLEASE help me
Nov 24, 2004

I am really really worried about an encounter I had last week. I cant get myself to eat or even breathe properly. I PRAY you answer my question, It will help me a lot. I have been a fan of you forever, and I respect you taking time out to help worried people. Trust me doc, I called CDC cause I did not want to bother you, but they were rather rude and unconcerned, and I have no choice but to bother you. My encounter was with a pro, and I used comdom for vaginal sex. The one mistake I made was going down on her, unprotected. It was only on the clitoris, and wasnt more than a few minutes. The problem is this: I had sniffed a few lines of coke before that. Although I didnt have any cuts or openings in my mouth, the next day I realized, I had a sore throat (from cocaine use). Now what has me REALLY scared, is that what if the cocaine use had opened some blood vessels in my throat, and the vaginal secretions (outside from the clitoris) found a route to go in from there. I will get tested soon, but the three months wait may just drive me insane. Doc, I believe this question has not been answered before. Please Please take the time out to answer this, I promise to send you a big donation, and promise to send it more than once.

The problems again: Cocaine use before going down on her, I didnt not have a sore throat then, but developed an itchy feeling later in the night, and next morning. Didnt not see any blood, but cocaine use could cause abrasions in the throat, cant it. I did 4 lines, thats it, and there was no bleeding at all. Doc, please dont hold back, tell me if I warrant testing. I have abeautiful family, and I swear I will NEVER do this again, I just hope this one time doesnt cost me my life.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"I did 4 lines, that's it . . . ." well most people would consider four lines quite enough, unless your name is Robert Downey, Jr. or John Belushi.

OK Speedy, even with four lines "there was no bleeding at all." Consequently, your risk is a "few minutes" of unprotected clit tasting and protected vaginal sex. Overall this risk would be considered extremely low. As for the sore throat the next day, well after that much nose candy, I'd be surprised if you didn't have a sore throat. If you are concerned, get HIV tested at the three-month mark. However, please note all the odds are in your favor for not having contracted HIV from this experience. From a medical perspective, I'm actually more concerned with your coke use than HIV risk. Do consider getting some help if you need it to get off the white powder.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Window period, Silly Question
Next
Ah non...votre réponse me fait paniquer...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.