please help me ,my fiance & my family
Nov 24, 2004
Dear Doc, i am writing you from Lebanon,hoping yo can help me cause i feel that you are the only one who can stop me from putting an end to my life.
i am ready to make donation to your great foundation.
Everything started on 23/11/2002, i was upset with my fiance and i was stupid enough to practice oral sex on a guy of unknown hiv status whereas some pre-cum was involved & he fingered me. Several days later i developped many symptoms;muscle pain extreme fatigue,gastro-problems. all symptoms resolved except a chronic ongoing head pain & congestion that continues till now. In addition i experienced some vision changes two months after the relation,with floaters....,decrease vision(1 dgree myopia) ,but the doctor said that my eyes are ok & that such changes happpen at my age (33years) I run the following tests: -HIV1&2 + p24 antigen after 2,8,11 weeks:negatif -HIV1&2 home test after 1year :negatif -HIV1&2 + p24 antigen after 1year & five months;negatif -HIV1 pcr after 1year & seven months :negatif -cd4 after 1year & eight months ;750 cd4/cd8 ratio:0.96 -MRI of the head after one year :normal -ESR = 4 However my head chronic pain & congestion continues every single day & the only time when i do not feel it is when i sleep at night. Please to have a rest and to be able to adjust my ruined life i would like to know the following: 1-is it possible that i got hiv2 with no antibodies? 2-is it possible that my body is not producing"enough" antibodies to be detected by the tests? 3-Supposingly i was infected,is it normal to have symptoms as chronic headaches several days after the relation,and to continiue till now? 4-If it is not HIV ,how comes that vision changes & chronic head pain appeared after said relation? 5-what else could it be? Please your answer can make a life change to me,my fiance,& my family.Thank you in advance Georges
Response from Dr. Frascino
4. I cannot diagnose your condition over the Internet; however, I can tell you that HIV is NOT your problem.
5. Considering the extensive (and expensive) workup you've had, including MRI scan of the head, which has not revealed a physiological cause for your symptoms, I would suggest that a psychological cause be considered. You appear to have an irrational fear of being HIV positive, anxiety, stress, guilt and depression stemming from your oral sex experience. If in reality I, a complete stranger, am the only one who can stop you from putting an end to your life, you need to see a psychiatrist without delay. Remember HIV is NOT your problem.
Thank you for your donation. I hope you'll seek the help you definitely need and stop perseverating on a disease that you could not possibly have.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Possible Weight Gain While Hiv Positive
- Possibility Of Getting Hiv From Spitting In Food
- Can You Transfer Hiv Through Aids Rashes And Bumps?
- A Positive Hiv Antibody Test Result Means
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.