GIVE IT TO ME!!! PLEASE
Nov 24, 2004
Hello Doctor Bob
Lets see, well i understand that your intentions in this forum and all around are to stop the virus from spreding. So if you think someone is at risk you will recommend that they test, because you wouldn't just say its up to you if you test. Maybe you would says i recommend a test but its up to you if you do, but you wouldn't just sat its up to you if you see a possible infection.
So just let me have it right away. Im not that worried so i don't need one of those test to be sure that you tell people when they seem worried but appears that you know they are not infected. Well i received unprotected oral sex from a guy, didn't see any visible blood, and i dont know if he had any sores (can it be transmitted like that). I tested at 2 months and 5 days and it was neg... just for some relief
1. Has anyone ever tested poz from receiving(documented)?
2. Is my test reliable (the one i took at 2 months +5) (see ? # 3)
3. Should i even be concerned? Is a test needed or would you only say to take it for my peace of mind which im not that worried
4. If ? 3 is a no, should i be spending the testing money on donations instead and helping people?
What do you say?
Well thank you doctor, I love you very much and you always bring joy to my life. Stay Happy and ignore all those a-holes who try to put you down.
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. No. But as you can probably imagine, definitively "documenting" something like this would be difficult, even with the sex police monitoring our bedroom actions under the Patriot Act!
2. HIV tests taken before three months are not considered definitive.
3. Whether or not to test is always up to the individual. All I can do is advise on level of risk based on the information you provide to me. Insertive unprotected oral sex would carry an extremely low risk of HIV transmission.
4. If you are concerned, a single test at three months would be all that's recommended. Donations to help others in need are always a good idea.
Take a quick read through the archives on this site. Hopefully you'll find the information there both informative and reassuring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have A Small Closed Cut On My Finger Is There A Chance Of Getting Hiv?
- Where Does Chlamydia Start?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
- What Antibiotic Treats Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.