GOOD NEWS?!?!?!?!?!?! PLEASE READ ANSWER AND POST!

Hello once again Dr. Bob I had wrote to you and my question was posted Nov. 9 "TOOK YOUR ADVICE" I just want to say first off that you are a wonderful person and I greatly apperciate you responding to my previous questions! You made me feel like you really cared when you said to write back and let you all know the results or if I have additional questions. Well just to summarize my story was 3 weeks of unprotected sex with someone I highly suspect is HIV positive (heard rumors but not directly confirmed by individual). Well along the way I have had a host of sypmtoms ranging from persistent vaginalyeast infections, fungal infections, low greade fevers, low white blood counts, rashes, a few night sweats,one swollen tonsil, weight loss,etc. The most concerning thing to me were my persistenly swollen lymph nodes, behind and in front of left ear and many under both armpits. So after writing in and Dr. Bob telling me my single 24 weeks negative antibody test was definitive, I started seeking out other explanations for my symptoms which led me to my GP who perfomed a complete std panel...all were negative, except herpes. Then referred me to a surgeon were last week I had a lymph node biopsy. Today I received the results which showed the lymph nodes that were removed were benign, but reactive. So that was kindofa relief until I started thinking reactive?!?! OH, LORD! So now Dr. Bob I'm back here seeking out your help once again. What do you think could be causing my low white count??? Do yout hink the herpes could cause it? They've tested it a few times and he said not much change at all and I asked is it bad low and he said not bad. Also what in the world could be causing my reactive nodes? He took out a few under my left arm (3or4).I still have low grade fever 99.3-99.7 for about 2 months now. What do you think??? Do you think I'm ok???

Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose your condition over the Internet, especially with such limited information. Yes, it is indeed good news that the swollen lymph nodes were benign. The list of causes for "reactive" nodes is extensive, as is the list for neutropenia (low white blood cell counts). Could it be a virus? Sure. Is it HIV? No, not with negative HIV tests out to 24 weeks. I would suggest you continue to work with your physician to monitor and further evaluate your symptoms.

Good luck! Sorry I can't be more specific.

ALONE AND NEED HELP PLEASE
ARS...is it avoidable by flu jab?