Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sick of feeling sick
Nov 20, 2004

Dr. Bob, I beg of you, Please, Please answer my question!! I performed oral sex on a man 14 months ago. Had testing done for gonoreah,syphillis, clamydia, hep A,B,C, herpes 1&2, all negative. Also had 7 elisa tests,2months,3months,7months,11months,12 months, and 2 at 13months.I also had a pcr dna test at 13 months. My problem is that at 11 months I started having swollen lymph nodes in my neck and it felt like it was tight like rubber bands inside. Then lypmh nodes started swelling everywhere. I also have a feeling of either ice water running through my arms and legs to knees or a burning sensation. Also,feels somewhat hard under skin and sometimes hurts. Seems to run along lymph node pathsAlso, pain at shoulder blades. Sometimes hurts so bad I can't sleep. I have not had night sweats, but have lost 4 lbs. This has been going on for two months now. Doctor has no answers, do have an abmormal mass on liver. Please help, could this be hiv, even with all my tests? Two of the elisa's where hiv 1& 2. Everyone says to rely on the results but I can't with all these syptoms. I feel like I am dying inside. I can't give you my e-mail address because I am writing this at the library. Please, are these sypmtoms of hiv or something else? I really need your help. Thank you, Sick of feeling sick.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I cannot diagnose your condition over the Internet, but I can tell you what you don't have. You don't have HIV disease. Multiple negative ELISA tests out to 12 months and two negative PCR tests out to 13 months are absolutely definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem! If an abnormal mass was found in your liver, this should be further evaluated. One thing for certain, you should stop worrying about and chasing after a disease you could not possible have.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
A scared to death Texan..Please Help!
Next
Losers

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.